Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New Haven, CT...

Billboard Advertisement
The Famous Shubert Theatre!
         Dad and Me!                   The house of the theatre
Sold out for all 5 shows!
Long Island Sound
Standing in a LONG line for Frank Pepe's Pizza
I think I'll have........THE PIZZA!
Beautiful murals backstage of past shows...
Tons of history in this theatre!
Tons of talent on this stage!

Leaving my mark by signing our mural!
Japanese Dinner with Dad!
Bananagrams with Tony and Dad!
SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS!
Me and Robyn
Our Cabaret Flier
Nate S. as the host, Jessica is up!
Brett and Nate P. playing the instruments
Carolyn as Hannah!               Brandon and Julia
Steve and Sarah
                My costume!             Robyn and Me after our act!
Michael, Me, and Ellen

We had SOOOO much fun in New Haven.  My dad came to visit and so did a few of our friends from home.  Becky, Rheannon, Hank, and Aby all loved the show!  We had dinner with them before a show and I got to show them around backstage a little bit.  Hank really liked "Powerman", aka Gaston.
The Shubert Theatre is 96 years old and has 1,600 seats, all were filled during each of the 5 shows! I loved walking around backstage checking out all of the murals from the past shows there.  Many shows were previewed at the Shubert before going on to Broadway, including "Oklahoma!", "Carousel", "South Pacific", "The King and I", "Jekyll & Hyde", and "The Sound of Music". Unfortunately, there was a fire on the block of the theatre the night before our first show.  The power was out and the entire theatre had to run on generators for the whole weekend, but our crew guys handled it so well and each show went smoothly. 
My Dad and I got to eat at one of the most famous pizza places in America, called Frank Pepe's. There was a line out the door and we had to wait almost an hour to get in.  It was worth it!  The pizza was great.
Also, our long awaited cabaret was this weekend!  We raised over $1000 for MusiKids Organization. Robyn and I made up our own rap with some Beauty and the Beast shout outs and tour references.  Merritt was our back up beat boxer. Everyone seemed to love it because they laughed a lot!  The other acts were so funny!  I know we have a lot of talented people in our cast, but they really showed off their stuff at the Cabaret.  My belly hurt by the end of the night from laughing so hard. Check back soon for the video of our cabaret act.
Since we were close to home and had 2 days off from the show, my mom and I got to go back home for a couple days.... pictures and a new blog post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment