Monday, May 10, 2010

Lexington, Kentucy...

\
Lexington Opera House
Gorgeous Theatre
Front doors from inside
Lots of history here!
View from our hotel
Front of the theatre         HUGE gumball machine
So this is the "grey stuff" they talk about in Be Our Guest!
Mothers Day Breakfast
Look what I bought my mom...with a little help from my friends!
Mothers Day!!                   The Three Chips!
Ivy came to see the show!

Our weekend in Lexington, KY was a lot of fun. The weather was a little cooler than what we've been used to, but it was still beautiful. The show played at the 124 year-old Lexington Opera House, which is a small venue but has a huge amount of history!  The theatre was so nice to us and they held a dinner between shows on Sunday and the theatre volunteers all brought in homemade food.  The macaroni & cheese and ALL the desserts were my favorite!  Sunday was also Mother's Day.  With the help of Deb, Ellen, Tony, and Michael, I got my mom a cute little figurine of a dachshund dressed like a nurse, a card, a wristlet, and breakfast! She was really happy.  I got to meet Miles Meehan, a local actor, who played Chip in the first National Tour of Beauty and the Beast about 10 years ago! He loved the show and still remembers what a great time he had on tour too.  I had another visitor too.  Ivy, who played Pepper in the National Tour of Annie, and her dad came to see the show on Sunday.  Ivy kept a blog throughout her tour and I loved reading it every week. I knew when I got this role, that I wanted to keep a blog for my friends and family just like Ivy did! Thanks, Ivy, for a great idea and for coming to the show! Next up...Knoxville, Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment