Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kansas City, MO....

The Beautiful Starlight Theatre
Our first outdoor venue!
You're looking at 8,000 seats!
Me and Jeremiah playing tag on the lawn at the theatre
A gift from Starlight
Opening night party
Party food!
Ballet Class at Kansas City Ballet
Backstage Bananagrams.....as usual!
Jen (Madame de la Grande Bouche) and a gift to her nieces!
Me and Jeremiah having fun at Coco Keys Indoor Water park
Chips off the old block
Oceans of Fun water slide
My dad sent me some homemade banana bread! Yum!
Oklahoma Joe's famous BBQ
Oklahoma Joe's is SUPER FAMOUS for it's BBQ
We waited in line for an hour....just to ORDER!
One SATISFIED customer!
The Best Orchestra Ever

Our week in Kansas City, MO was full of 'firsts'!  For the first time, we played at an outdoor venue, the Starlight Theatre.  It had 8,000 seats, which were all filled or close to filled every night!  One night, there was a horrible storm with thunder and lightening and for the first time ever, we had to cancel the show during the second act.  Before every show, the theatre hosted a parade that any boys and girls seeing the show could be a part of.  The concession stands at the theatre had all kinds of great food like hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, funnel cakes, soft pretzels, snow cones, kettle corn, and candy. It reminded me of a fair! The theatre hosted two parties for us while we were there. One was an awesome opening night party after the first show and another was a BBQ before a show where we got to meet the cast of 'The Producers' which will be playing at the theatre after we leave.
I went to two water parks while we were in Kansas City. One was actually in our hotel!  It's called Coco Keys and it was a lot of fun. Jeremiah and I spent all day there playing in the pools and water slides.  I also went to Oceans of Fun water park one day which was a really cool outdoor water park.
We were invited by Kansas City Ballet to participate in a few dance classes.  I've never taken ballet, so I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't think I'd like it or be too good at it, but I was surprised.  I've heard that some football players take ballet to help with their balance and I can see why!
Kansas City is known for it's BBQ and we had to test it out.  After several local recommendations, we tried Oklahoma Joe's.  Their BBQ has won many awards.  It's in a gas station and can have lines out the door at times!  We waited for about an hour, but it was worth it. I loved the ribs, pulled pork, and onion rings.  I also bought some sauces and rubs to take back home to my dad because I knew he'd love it too!
Stay tuned...next up is 2 weeks in SAN FRANCISCO, CA!

No comments:

Post a Comment