Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dallas, Texas....

Dallas, Texas from the rooftops!
Rooftop pool party with the city behind us!
Fun with Jeff and Merritt
Scooting/Walking on water outside of the Winspear Opera House
The lobby of our awesome hotel
Playing Pool with Carolyn
Taking in some shows while we're in town!
DREAMGIRLS and ...SUPERMAN
The Cupcakery = AMAZING!!!
Check out all these yummy treats!
Enjoying some cupcakes with the orchestra
A couple princesses at the stage door
Frisco Rough Riders Baseball Game with Steve and Deb
It's a full house on a HOT DAY!
Thanks NETworks for our custom made baseball jerseys!
Me, Steve, and Deb watching the game!
Me and Steve doing a t-shirt giveaway...who wants one?
...Here it comes!
My big moment....singing at the baseball game!
On the jumbo-tron!
Spending a morning at the salon....I'm thrilled!
Dallas World Aquarium
Jeremiah and Me checking out the penguins
Look at this catfish!
Penguin                            Unique plant
Beautiful Coral
Changing Chameleon!
Turtles!
This bird loved me!  He followed me when I moved.
His nose looks like a chainsaw!
SHARK!!
Pink Flamingos                           Seahorse
I had a great time at the aquarium!
MY TEXAS FAMILY CAME TO VISIT!
Olivia, Santino, Greg, Hannah, Me, Alex, Abbey, & Tony
They loved the show!
Dinner....of course we ate Italian!
The Boys-
Tony, Alex, Santino, Me, Greg, and Grandpa Greg!
The Girls-
Mom, Abbey, half of Hannah, Olivia, and Esmeralda!
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
Playing our own games while we wait!
Hannah, Olivia, and Me at Six Flags Over Texas
            Me and Tino          Me, Greg, Tony, and Hannah

We packed a lot of fun in the two weeks we were in Dallas.  It was VERY hot everyday...welcome to Texas! We stayed at the Aloft hotel, which was so awesome!  It had a lot of modern art and big lobby where a bunch of us played games and pool after the shows.  Merritt and Matt rented an apartment nearby that had a rooftop pool.  They invited us over a couple times and it was so cool to swim in the middle of skyscrapers! 
We got to see two shows while we were in Dallas.  One was "Dreamgirls" which I didn't think I'd like as much as I did!  The other was "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's Superman", which I also liked! The super talented, super funny, Andrew Keenan-Bolger, who plays "Torchy" in Superman, played "Chip" in Beauty and the Beast on Broadway about 10 years ago!
If you ever get to Dallas (or Las Vegas), you have to go to "The Cupcakery".  It's an amazing cupcake bakery that specializes in HUGE, UNIQUE flavored cupcakes.  My favorites were The Julius, Kir Royale, and Strawberry Lemonade. Other BATB favorites were Southern Belle, Strawberry Shortcake, Carrot cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, and Coconut Bliss! Yummmm!
I also had the privilege of being invited to sing at the nearby Frisco Roughriders Baseball game!  Our company manager, Deb, let Steve and I take the night off from the show and took us to the game.  We had a great time!  Steve and I got to throw some t-shirts into the crowd in between innings and Steve got to participate in an imitation contest. We also signed some autographs and gave out tickets to the show. After  a slight delay due to a power outage, it was my turn to sing!  I was more nervous than I thought I'd be but everyone said I did a great job. It was a great night and it made me miss going to Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs baseball games back home!
NETworks treated Jeremiah and I to an afternoon field trip to the Dallas World Aquarium. We checked out all kinds of sea life!  We both love penguins and there were plenty of them there.  We also saw alligators, sharks, turtles, and more!  They had HUGE aquariums that were specific to particular regions of the world. It was interesting to see what marine life is like in Indonesia, Sri Lanka , New Guinea, Fiji, Japan, etc.
The BEST part about Dallas, was being able to see my family who lives in San Antonio!  Nine of them drove the 4 hour drive to spend a few days with us in Dallas and to see the show.  We had a Golden Day (day off with no show or travel) and spent the whole day at Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor.  We also spent some time playing Wii and other games at the hotel.  I only get to see them once or twice a year so I'm really glad we got to spend some time together!  Thank you to Grandpa Greg, Esmeralda, Alex, Hannah, Abbey, Olivia, Tony, Greg, and Santino for a great couple of days! We miss you guys already!
So long Dallas....it was fun!  Next up is two weeks in Fayetteville, Arkansas!

No comments:

Post a Comment