Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fayetteville, Arkansas...

The Walton Arts Center
Streets of Fayetteville
Nate and me with some advertisements for the show
Helping out Brad and Ryan backstage
Helping Britt and Laci with some costume repairs
I'm not too bad at sewing!
Posing with some statues in a garden at the theatre
Zzzzzzz.....
Relaxing in the hotel pool
Acrobatics with Ellen            Orange Mango FroYo!
Orange Mango = Best Frozen Yogurt!
Golden Day Picnic
A muddy mess!            So much food!
Watermelon seed spitting contest
The Beautiful Beaver Lake
Relaxing in the water on this 103 degree day!
Ellen and Me
David and Nate are manning the grill!
Making a cake for Tommy's birthday!
Tommy loved his cake!  Red velvet cake, cream cheese icing,
and rice crispy treats on top!
Backstage BANANAGRAMS!
Signing our poster for Corey

We spent two VERY HOT weeks in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We performed at the Walton Arts Center near the campus of The University of Arkansas. We were able to stay at a hotel with a kitchen, which was really nice! We made breakfast, lunch, and dinner almost everyday!  I also made Tommy a cake for his birthday and he loved it.  I like to watch Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes on TV and I got some ideas from them.
Almost every night after the shows, we went to Orange Mango and got frozen yogurt. They have about 14 flavors of self serve FroYo and TONS of toppings that you put on yourself!  I loved trying different flavors with different toppings but my favorite was definitely Peanut Butter FroYo with peanut butter Capt'n Crunch and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!
During our time in Fayetteville, I got the idea to shadow all of our crew members during the days I was not on stage.  Each show, I followed and helped someone else.  I sewed buttons with Brit and Laci in the wardrobe department, helped GM with props, worked with Mikey in spotlights, helped Brad and Ryan backstage, and even sat in the orchestra pit!  It was a lot of fun, but I also realized how hard all of them work.
Since we were in Fayetteville for two weeks, we had a day off (GOLDEN DAY) on a day that would normally be a travel day.  A few of us drove to nearby Beaver Lake for the day.  We swam, rode on jet skiis, went tubing off the back of a boat, played games, and ATE A WHOLE LOT OF FOOD! I was so tired at the end of the day, it was the first time I've been asleep before 11 pm in many months!
Stay tuned! Next up....Kansas City, Missouri!

No comments:

Post a Comment