Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday decorating, Science Centre, and Annie's birthday...

Movie Night!  We saw "The Muppets".
Decorating our Christmas Tree
I don't have my special ornaments from home, so these will have to do
The star finishes it up!
Our stockings are hung by the 'chimney' with care
Antz, our director, gave all the kids a one-of-a-kind tote bag
They are made with recycled Mary Poppins banners!
           On my way to tap class             Goofing around with a chimney sweep wig
Ontario Science Centre field trip
Paper airplanes and music with Camden
"Electric chair"
                                ZAP!                                          Annie made a puppet
Trying out the space car...it's hard to control
Dakota's turn
Astronauts
Cam and I go for a spin
Lyndsey, Miss Kim,
Annie, Camden, Dakota, and I after dinner
Annie's birthday cake
Intermission celebration
Michael and Jane Banks
Decorating the boys dressing room
Ta-da!
Calamari with my mom at Jack Astors

On our day off this week, we went to see the Muppet Movie.   It was really good and we all laughed a lot.  My favorite was the song "Am I a Man, or am I a Muppet".  If you haven't seen it yet, you should!  I love the Muppets and watching the movie really made me miss my dad because we always watch the Muppets together.  I will get to see him in just a few short weeks, I can't wait.
We were able to buy a small Christmas tree and some decorations for our apartment.  It looks very festive now.  We even got stockings to hang, but we don't have a chimney in our apartment, so we hung them on the wall.  Dakota and I also decorated our dressing room at the theatre.  We have a Christmas countdown line and everyday, we remove a ribbon. I also have an Advent calendar and everyday I get a piece of chocolate!
This week, we took a field trip to the Ontario Science Centre.  We explored an exhibit all about Leonardo DiVinci, did some hands on activities to learn about outer space, saw a show at the planetarium, explored a human body exhibit, and more.  Miss Kim bought us all catapult models that we later put together at the theatre.  I also bought some Lego figures from the gift shop.
On Sunday, during intermission, we celebrated Annie's birthday.  She had a giant mango cheesecake flavored cake. She got some awesome gifts and we all sang "Happy Birthday" to her. Annie also got some amazing news for her birthday.  In February, she will be joining the Broadway cast of Mary Poppins as Jane Banks.  She is very excited and we are all very happy for her!
Stay tuned for another blog post soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment