Thursday, September 22, 2011

Salt Lake City....week #3: MY FIRST SHOW!

Celebrating after our 'put in' (final dress rehearsal)
Great times at Buca Di Beppo 
Getting a good night sleep before the BIG DAY!
OPENING DAY!                             Annie and I are ready!
The board in the lobby
Michael Banks Dressing Room!
My dressing room station
Check out all the great cards and gifts from the cast!
Marissa gave me a special pet rock! 
Annie's getting ready!! 
All dressed and ready for the top of Act 1! 
Miss Kim and I                                                 My mom and I
Act 1 went onto ACT 2! 
The talented Banks kids are all so supportive! 
After the show, some cast stayed to do a QandA...
...with 75 girl scouts! 
VOSS water....I've always wanted to try it
and my mom got it for me as a present
(it tastes like water!)
Annie and I on stage 
Check out all those seats
Fans greeting us at the stage door!
Signing autographs 
So glad they liked the show! 
Me, Marissa, and Annie
Rocky Mountain Outfitters, Herber City UT 
The view!
Horse back riding! My horse was named Ace!  
The front of the line
and the back of the line!  
The leaves are starting to change colors. 
Camden, Marissa, Me, Dakota, and Lyndsey 
Got my helmet and I'm ready to go 
Me and Ace 
Ace loves apples! 
Lots of shops
and other cool things!  
Friends =)
Made fresh on the spot with liquid nitrogen

For sure, this week has been the most memorable yet!  During our 3rd week here in Salt Lake City, we had a photo shoot, Annie and I had our last rehearsals, our put-in (final dress rehearsal), and OUR FIST SHOW!  It was fantastic. For the first time in my life, I was actually nervous before performing. It didn't last too soon as the curtain went up, all the butterflies went away and I had a great show.
The night before our show, we all went out to eat at Buca Di Beppo to celebrate.  The staff even made us a card to wish us luck. On opening day, I slept in, had a great breakfast, and was off to the theatre.  When I got there, I was so surprised to see all the gifts, cards, and decorations from all the cast and crew.  Everyone was so supportive and nice. People offered their words of advice and gave me tons of well wishes.  I'm so lucky to have such a great cast. Annie did a fantastic job as Jane and the show went so smoothly.  Afterwards, Annie and I with a few other cast members, answered some questions from a group of girl scouts that saw the show. They were very surprised to learn it was our first time doing the show for an audience.  The girls asked some great questions and I learned a lot too!  They all got a Mary Poppins patch for coming to the show and even gave us each one too!
The next day we had another show and it went just as well.  I love this show!
On Monday, our day off, we headed a little south of the Salt Lake City and went horseback riding in Herber
City.  We had SO MUCH FUN.  My horse was named Ace and he was the best behaved one! Camden and Lyndsey had horses that kept wandering off the path and eating everything. Miss Andrea, Camden's mom, was so scared to ride but actually had a great time afterall. We rode along a path in the mountains. It was neat to see some of the trees starting to change colors. I was on the look out for snakes, but didn't see any. We did see some neat birds though. After our horseback riding adventure, we stopped at Park City. We ate at an Italian restaurant and went shopping along Main Street. Some of the other cast members had the same idea and we ran into a few of them there.  After shopping a bit, we went to the movies to see Lion King 3-D and also had ice cream at this really neat shoppe called "Nitro Freeze".  You get to pick your flavors and mix ins and they make the ice cream right there using liquid nitrogen. Using science and food is right up my alley!  It was cool to watch.  After a very busy day off, we headed back to the hotel for some rest before another busy week.  Stay tuned for our last week in Salt Lake City....

No comments:

Post a Comment