Thursday, June 17, 2010

Durham, North Carolina....

Durham Performing Arts Center
Opening Night Party
Allyson, Heather, and Gabby having fun
Tony, Tommy, and Chris enjoying the party
Me, My Mom, Carolyn, and Tommy
Me, Robyn, and Tommy at the party
Ellen and me swimming at the hotel pool
Wet and Wild Waterpark with Nate P.
LocoPops with Heather
Intermission Electronics!
David, Jeremiah, Me, Brett, and Jeremy
Tony Awards Party!
Cliff, Erin, Me, Keith, Michael, Brandon, and Chris
Tony's master class
Running lines
This Season's shows at DPAC
The Color Purple, Grease, Mama Mia, Hairspray, and BatB!
Michael and me trading SILLY BANDS at the airport


We had a great week in Durham, North Carolina!  We performed at the brand new, Durham Performing Arts Center, which was beautiful.  They threw us a great opening night party with some terrific food.  Our hotel had an outdoor swimming pool which we spent a lot of time at.
One day, a group of us drove to Wet and Wild Water park at Emerald Point.  It was so much fun.  The day was hot and the water was perfect!  Unfortunately, right before we left, I slipped on wet tiles and hit my head pretty hard.  The awesome doctors and nurses at Duke Medical Center's Children's Hospital took great care of me.  I had a concussion so I missed my first show ever.  After a couple days of rest, I was feeling much better. 
After hearing all the cast and crew talking about a great local popsicle place called LocoPops, I had to check it out for myself.  They have really neat flavors, like Mango Chile, Pomegranate Tangerine, Chocolate Pretzel, Cackalacky Pineapple, and Grapefruit Mint.  They were so good, I had to get two!
While in Durham, Tony, our male swing and good friend, instructed a Broadway Master Class at a local dance studio.  I went along to help and I also learned a few things too!  Tony taught the kids auditioning skills, what to put on your resume, and then had an acting and dancing class.  Tony is a really great teacher and a fantastic performer! Everyone learned a lot from the class.
As fun as Durham was, we were all looking forward to going to our next stop, Nashville, Tennessee (aka Music City)...

No comments:

Post a Comment